- To encourage the use of renewable/alternative energy everywhere in the country, through appropriate technology, scientific excellence, social responsibility and global communication.
- To develop and implement programs and activities directed at enhancing and accelerating the widespread use of renewable/alternative energy technologies in the country.
- To develop and improve the renewable/alternative energy industry in Pakistan.
- To facilitate the individual members of the renewable/alternative energy industry through the delivery of training and education.
- To work with all stakeholders in order to overcome the energy crises in the country.
- Bringing together industries, individuals and institutions in support of renewable/alternative energy technologies – through communication, co-operation, support and exchange.
- Applying practical projects, technology transfer, education, training and support to the issue of renewable/alternative energy development in the country.
- Ensuring individual and community growth through support of private enterprise and empowerment in the area of renewable/alternative energy.
- To provide scientifically credible and up-to-date renewable/alternative energy information and networking opportunities to the local & global communities of scientists, educators, practitioners, industries, policy makers and to the general public.
- Dissemination of information about renewable/alternative energy technologies, its benefits, applications etc through arranging workshops, seminars, trainings, and exhibitions in different cities of the country.
- To advise governments and organizations in policy, implementation and sustainability of renewable/alternative energy activities in the country.
- Promote capacity building services such as training and education on renewable/alternative energy.
- Provide information about the development and deployment of national and international technical standards in relation to renewable/alternative energy, based on a sound understanding through an active presence in the relevant forum.
- Disseminate knowledge and information and increase public awareness on the benefits and potential offered by renewable/alternative energy.
- To implement different renewable/alternative energy projects in the remote areas of the country in order to reduce poverty in the country.
- To work closely with the print and electronic media for the awareness and promotion of renewable/alternative energy technologies.
- To launch different awareness campaigns about renewable/alternative energy technologies among the masses.
- To bring together civil society workers, volunteers & social workers on a platform, in order to utilize their diversified experience and to take valuable inputs for the betterment of masses in an appropriate and professional manner.
- PRES will establish and set up or enter into partnership with other NGOs/ Organizations working for similar objectives, and will valuably contribute to their programs for the promotion of renewable/alternative energy technologies in the country.
- Liaison with different national and international NGOs working in renewable/alternative energy to promote their efforts more effective for a sustainable healthy change in the lives of underprivileged and deprived communities of the society.
- PRES will facilitate access to all relevant renewable/alternative energy information, including technical data, economic data and renewable/alternative resource potential data.